NovTech has a long history with NXP ARM based processors and is partner of NXP. Starting with NXP’s i.MX21, NovTech has built over a dozen NXP development boards and system on modules (SOMs), provided hardware and software design services to scores of companies, and trained engineers on various aspects of the ARM architecture. Product families supported by NovTech include Layerscape, i.MX7, i.MX6, i.MX53, i.MX51, i.MX35, i.MX31, i.MX28, iMX27, iMX25, i.MX23, and i.MX21.
NovTech’s expertise in ARM architecture, high-speed design, firmware and software design, PCB layout, power management design, and system level testing and validation has helped NXP customers manage the complexity of ARM SoCs while maximizing the benefits and features of the chipsets. NovTech also specializes in turn-key offerings and can deliver production ready systems with complete out-of-the-box experience.
Off-the-Shelf Offerings for NXP
NovTech offers a wide range of evaluation platforms and customizable SOMs for all NXP ARM based microprocessors.
- i.MX7 - 96boards.org i.MX7 board
- i.MX7 - Coming Soon! NOVSOM and NOVPEK for i.MX7 (Contact NovTech)
- i.MX6 - NOVSOM®i.MX6
- i.MX6 - NOVPEKTMi.MX6
- i.MX6 - Linear Tech Power Management Module (Contact NovTech)
- i.MX6 - Dialog Semi Power Management Module (Contact NovTech)
- Layerscape LS1 - NOVSOM®LS1-B2B
- Legacy Products - i.MX6 NOVPED, i.MX53, i.MX51, MX35, MX31, MX28, and MX21 (Contact NovTech)
Services provided by NovTech include:
Hardware design services include system level design and architecture definition, PCB design and layout, schematics review and translation, documentation, prototype, production and complete turn-key solutions
Software and firmware design services include BSPs for Linux, Android, Windows, QNX and VxWorks, device drivers, connectivity protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular, digital logic design, power supply design, high-speed memory interface design, and implementing security in hardware and software.
Testing and certification services include functional testing, development of manufacturing test suites and pre-scans for EMI, heat, shock and vibration
NovTech offers a variety of training classes to help embedded designers quickly build product and software expertise
- In-depth look at NXP i.MX product architecture, features and benefits
- Deep dive on ARM architecture & multi-core design
- Implementing security in ARM based processors with Trust Architecture
- Implementing High-Speed DDR memory interfaces
- Optimizing power-supply design for multi-rail SoCs